Are you interested in finding out how the ACCC contributed to the small business sector during 2017?
Check out their recently released Small business 2017 snapshot which features key statistics and highlights the important work they’re doing for Australia’s 2.2 million small businesses.
In 2017, some of the key activities and outcomes relating to the small business sector included:
- receiving 8721 contacts including nearly 5000 reports
- referring 2627 reports and enquiries to state/territory Small Business Commissioners
- undertaking 7 enforcement actions and issuing $177,000 in penalties
- issuing 29 compliance checks for the franchising, horticulture, and food and grocery industry codes
- attending over 100 events and forums.
You can read more in our media release or visit our website for more information: www.accc.gov.au/smallbusiness