Over the past three decades the Cumberland Business Chamber has been an active campaigner for improvements to the local area from getting an extra fire station built to footpaths to street crossings to the Reconciliation Drive project. CBC continues to survey local businesses about their traffic issues and is contacting the Government over a number of infrastructure projects. They include:
- Horsley Drive upgrade beetween M7 and Cowpasture Road
- Prospect Highway being expanded to four lanes at the northern end
- Promoting the idea of light rail coming through the Fairfield area to connect with Parramatta and Liverpool (rather than go around it)
- Getting copies of the State and Federal Government future traffic management plans for Greater Western Sydney to ensure local business sector knows what they plan over the coming decades…and suggest/challenge their ideas
- Proposing a rail link from the future Western Sydney Airport site to Wetherilll Park so that industry is not reliant on road transport
Recently President Craig Hingston, Vice President Peter Simonis and board member Armen Nalbandian visited the NSW Goverment ‘Services’ office at Parramatta to discuss a number of these vital road projects in and around Wetherill Park.