By Angela Haynes
There was a rumble of excitement in the air at our Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 29 October. Not only did we celebrate the achievements of FY19, our members also appointed our new board of directors who bring genuine diversity of skills, experience, culture and gender. And, by way of introduction I am proud to have been elected your new President.
First things first, we regrettably farewelled some notable talent this year in Bihn Rey who lead our marketing team and Andre Meyer our former treasurer. Both have been relentless in their hard work and support of the Chamber. Bihn is relocating to Melbourne and we invited Andre to chair our AGM as his parting gift.
The great news is we now have eleven uniquely talented people on our board, nine official and two honorary, and while others may talk about the value of Diversity and Inclusion, we are walking the talk.
• Angela Haynes, KPMG Greater Western Sydney (President)
• Peter Groeneveld, Computer Network Integration (Vice President)
• Libby Roberts, Workplace Rehabilitation Management (Treasurer)
• Scott Baker, ANZ Bank (Secretary)
• Dr Theresa Teo, AlphaIMM Agency & Adjunct Lecturer, Macq Uni & UNSW
• Megan Rogers, Signarama Blacktown & Smithfield
• Paul Desani, Industrial Vacuums & Engineering
• Rebecca Hegarty, Coleman Greig Lawyers
• Lloyd Gilbert, KPMG Greater Western Sydney
Honorary board members are Peter Simonis (also life member), Precision Calibration Services and Vince Blanco, Manufacturing at TAFE.
The Chamber has a bright and exciting future in 2020, we have a strong board who look forward to taking the Chamber onwards and upwards.
We are also excited about our other new members including Signarama, Industrial Vacuums & Engineering, Coleman Greig Lawyers and Nova Employment.