A proposal by Western Sydney Parklands Trust for Stage 2 of the Horsley Drive Business Park at Wetherill Park is on exhibition for community consultation. The Department of Planning and Environment is keen to hear the community’s views on the proposal, which seeks consent for a concept proposal and concurrent Stage 1 development application for Stage 2 works for the business park on Horsley Drive. The concept proposal includes:
– establishment of up to 88,700 m2 of general and light industrial and warehouse and distribution centre land uses
– concept development levels, footprints and building envelope, road layout and site access and landscape designs.
The Stage 1 development application includes:
– subdivision of the site into seven (7) industrial lots, a basin lot and a new road connection to Cowpasture Road
– bulk earthworks to accommodate the needs of future development
– site services, infrastructure to facilitate the construction and delivery of utilities, stormwater with associated basins
– estate landscaping including internal and external road networks.
A spokesperson for the Department of Planning and Environment said the local community always has an opportunity to share their views.
“Community consultation is an integral part of the planning process and the applicant will have to respond to the feedback we receive,” the spokesperson said.
“This feedback is taken into consideration as part of the assessment. It’s easy to participate by going online and we encourage everyone to take a look and have their say.”
To make a submission or view the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS), visit www.majorprojects.planning.nsw.gov.au.
Submissions can be made until Tuesday 31 January 2017.