Applications open 1 Feb to 24 Feb 2020 APPLY NOW!
Delivered by the NSW Government together with Western Sydney University’s Launch Pad, the NSW-India Advanced Manufacturing Trade Mission invites NSW advanced manufacturing companies to apply for 8 positions on this global business development program.
“India is fast emerging as an economic powerhouse, a significant consumer market and a global innovator. Building better links between our manufacturing ecosystems and strengthening trade pathways will help NSW businesses become market ready and future-proof our local businesses.”Ms Kylie Bell, Executive Director, Trade and Investment at NSW Treasury
About the program
The Advanced Manufacturing Trade Mission is part of a broader $1.58 million NSW-India Technology Exchange Program; an initiative designed for SMEs and start-ups to help grow their business in India. The program helps promote collaboration across borders, enables knowledge sharing and market insights while also providing a framework to link NSW and Indian R&D with business, to drive commercialisation and facilitate new partnerships. Participants will meet with potential clients, partners and gain valuable experience and immersion into the Indian advanced manufacturing market, equipping them with the knowledge and tools to launch their products in one of the world’s fastest growing economies.
“As NSW builds a new generation manufacturing sector based on Industry 4.0 and disruptive product and process technologies, a wave of global market opportunities are emerging. Markets, such as India, offer innovative manufacturers in NSW potential to diversify and grow their businesses in areas such as medtech, defence and agri-tech. This mission is a key opportunity for local companies to take the first steps in understanding and building connections in the Indian market.”Don Wright, Western Sydney University’s Head of Launch Pad Innovation Program.
What is on offer?
Successful participants will take part in a curated and intensive program designed to give them an introduction to the Indian advanced manufacturing sector, providing access to potential clients, R&D collaboration partners. Support staff from NSW Government and Western Sydney University will provide guidance to help participants gain an understanding of the Indian market and potential opportunities.
- Company visits and introductions to key market contacts
- Seminars, collaborative workshops and networking events;
- Mentoring sessions by leaders in innovation;
- Partial travel and accommodation costs for one company representative
The mission will provide a 10-day trip to four major cities in India, where participants will benefit from a range of business and cultural experiences allowing them to build an understanding of the local market and the Indian business mindset and approaches to international trade.
To be eligible for the program, companies must:
- Have an Australian Business Number registered in NSW;
- Offer activities, product or services, which are relevant to or have applications in advanced manufacturing;
- Have fewer than 200 employees;
- Have a turnover less than $30 million per annum;
- Have been in operation for at least 6 months.
Assessment and Selection Criteria
- Opportunity: Problem addressed by your technology/product
- Innovation: Quality of the product or technology deployed
- Relevance: Link to advanced manufacturing and fit with Indian market
- Strategy: Anticipated outcomes (commercial and others) following the exchange program
- Overall quality of the application
Each item will be assessed out of 20 for a total combined score of 100.
- 1 Feb 2020 – EOI Open
- 24 Feb 2020 – EOI Close
- 28 Feb 2020 – Selection Interviews Held
- 5 Mar 2020- Announcement of Successful Applications
How to Apply
For more information about the NSW–India Trade Mission and to register your interest go here:
or alternatively contact: S.firstname.lastname@example.org