Cumberland Business Chamber is a champion for the industrial sector (and the local community).
We advocate on behalf of our members to all levels of Government.
Current projects include:
- Greater Western Sydney Traffic Management Plan: seeking information from the NSW Government regarding their master plan for future infrastructure across the greater Fairfield-Holroyd region so that we can inform our members and respond to it.
- Horsley Drive Upgrade: liaising with the NSW Government and requesting a modification to their plan to benefit traffic flow for Fairfield businesses and residents.
- Light Rail: liaising with NSW Government in support of Council’s recommendation for light rail in Fairfield.
- Dangerous Business Practices, Percival Road, Smithfield: representing a member to Council regarding unsafe work practices by a neighbouring business.
- Reconciliation Drive: liaising with NSW Government in support of Council request for the road to be increased from two lanes to four lanes due to its heavy use by B-double trucks every day and heavy traffic congestion each day at the Reconciliation Drive/M4 on ramp/Prospect Highway connection.
- Widemere Road: liaising with Council regarding minimising and/or eliminating significant dust problems caused by trucks using the Sustainable Resource Centre.
- Road Freight NSW: liaising with transport industry organisation re future development of truck infrastructure in GWS.