Cumberland Business Chamber is a champion for the industrial sector (and the local community).
We advocate on behalf of our members to all levels of Government.
Current projects include:
- Greater Western Sydney Traffic Management Plan: seeking information from the NSW Government regarding their master plan for future infrastructure across the greater Fairfield-Holroyd region so that we can inform our members and respond to it.
- Horsley Drive Upgrade: liaising with the NSW Government and requesting a modification to their plan to benefit traffic flow for Fairfield businesses and residents.
- Light Rail: liaising with NSW Government in support of Council’s recommendation for light rail in Fairfield.
- Dangerous Business Practices, Percival Road, Smithfield: representing a member to Council regarding unsafe work practices by a neighbouring business.
- Reconciliation Drive: liaising with NSW Government in support of Council request for the road to be increased from two lanes to four lanes due to its heavy use by B-double trucks every day and heavy traffic congestion each day at the Reconciliation Drive/M4 on ramp/Prospect Highway connection.
- Widemere Road: liaising with Council regarding minimising and/or eliminating significant dust problems caused by trucks using the Sustainable Resource Centre.
- Road Freight NSW: liaising with transport industry organisation re future development of truck infrastructure in GWS.
Cumberland Womens Network
Cumberland Womens Network is an initiative of the Cumberland Business Chamber, which is finally launching in Western Sydney after 30 years.
Whilst the CBC attracts both genders to our events we wanted to provide an exclusive networking environment in this region of Sydney for women in which they can develop relationships, be encouraged and inspired, and learn smarter business practices from the experts.
Over the years we have met many women working in industrial companies and the service sector which supports this industrial market. There are business owners, company directors, managers, consultants and a myriad of other roles.
Click here for more information.